Monday, July 02, 2012

meal planning monday


Well, we're back from hols and oh, what a holiday it was. We had the best time: ate too much, drank too much, relaxed too much... pretty much what a holiday should be. It was ace.

But now we're home and here's what we're eating.

Monday: I needed to cook up something cleansing tonight so I made a chicken, corn and udon noodle soup. I simply sliced a few green shallots, white and green and sauteed them in a little olive oil with a finely diced carrot and a couple of cloves of garlic. Then I diced three chicken breasts into 1cm cubes, added these and topped with 1 litre of chicken stock. I brought this to the boil, took it down to a simmer and simmered until the chicken was cooked. Then I added some corn and udon noodles and seasoned with pepper and soy sauce. Delish.

Tuesday: we're having glazed salmon on the bbq with sushi rice and salad. I think I'll make a glaze with lime, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.

Wednesday: a simple steak and salad is called for.

Thursday: my gal's having a pal over for a sleepover and a shopping expedition. Why fight it? I'll make spaghetti bolognaise and garlic bread.

Friday: I'm going to the SurfHouse to celebrate a lovely friend's birthday. So, beforehand I'll make up a prawn and quinoa salad. I've never used quinoa before (I know, late adaptor) so let's hope lots of pepper, parsley and lemon makes it delish.

Saturday: lamb tonight. With a chickpea and roasted capsicum salad. And some wilted spinach with garlic - some things are just meant to be together.

Sunday: roasted chicken. The simple things in life really are the best.

And that's how we're easing into this first week of the school holidays. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! i forgot about meal planning monday! such a zombie today!
    what you're having for dinner tonight sounds yuuuuuuuuuumy! definitely bookmarking that one :D when i get over my slow-cooker that is...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x