Saturday, July 14, 2012

bonne fete de bastille


So, last year on Bastille Day we were in Paris. Le sigh.


We lined up early on the Champs Elysee to watch the parade. It was incroiyable. Tanks, horses, jets flying over the Arc de Triomphe. Amazing.


Many of the streets were closed to traffic so we walked to this classic cafe where we had a typically Parisian lunch with friends. Bliss.


There's nothing more Parisian than a patisserie. See that little wild strawberry tart? I ate it.


Dinner that night was in the Musee D'Orsay.

Oh my.

Here's my gal looking tres francais in her beret and gorgeous Little Leona outfit.


We walked through this incredible sculptural exhibition to find the perfect spot in the Jardin Luxemboug to watch the fireworks. You know what's more spectacular than regular fireworks? Fireworks that incorporate the Eiffel Tower. Magical.


Amazing. A day and night I will never, ever forget.

Happy Bastille Day.

6 comments:

  1. I wish wish wish that I could go back right now. My sister arrived in Paris today and I'm equal parts bursting with excitement for her and bilious. I have never known a city with such a personality as Paris. It's not that you just go and visit a place, it's a lover that inveigles her way into your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, i spied that strawberry tart quick smart, looks delicious. Wow, France on Bastille Day, doesn't get better than that!! Your girl is so gorgeous, too cute in her Frenchy ensemble. My younger girls wear berets to school, yes, a public school, just because, i love it. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an experience! I really must get back there one day :) How gorgeous does your gal look in her beret! Too cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fantastic memories you have. Thanks for sharing more of them with us. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect day. Love love love France.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, just wow!! Bastille Day in Paris, perfection. I calculated yesterday (Bastille Day) it was 94 days before we arrive, busting with excitement, but even more so after reading your blog and seeing those fabulous photos. I even have a new beret (I collect them), this one is a Raspberry one (found in a second hand store by my lovely sister...very Prince!). However, I won't look at cute as your daughter - that is a beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x