Monday, June 18, 2012

meal planning monday



Monday: i'm off to the movies (again) tonight. It's not my fault, it's the cinemas for having so many awesome films screening. It'd be rude not to attend. So I'll whip up a spaghetti bolognaise early in the day in the slowcooker. Sure, I'll hate myself at lunch when I have to eat a boring sandwich while I smell simmering Italian delights, but it'll make life easier when it comes time to serve. 

Tuesday: it's a late ballet night for my gal so I need to have something I can serve up the second she walks in the door at 7pm - two hours of dance fuels a big hunger. I think I'll make lamb kofta with a parsley, tomato and red onion salad, tsatziki and pita bread. And I'll whip up a quick cheaty-hommos with a tin of chickpeas, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice (and tahini if I think to buy it). I'll whizz all the ingredients in a blender and add a little salt and pepper to taste. Yum.

Wednesday: netball training. I might have to make a curry in the slow cooker. Chicken curry perhaps. Served with rice, wilted greens and garlic naan.

Thursday: I've found I'm getting tired and lazy by the end of the week, so am thinking of really super-easy meals to serve. Steak, mash and steamed veg will do nicely I think.

Friday: simple salmon patties with salad, seriously, that's all I can cope with on a Friday. I'll make them in the morning and refrigerate so they're ready to cook when I knock off work that night. I might need to sip on a glass of white while they're cooking. Don't you think?

Saturday: I've made nary a soup this winter - what's wrong with me? I think I need to rectify this by making a chicken wonton soup - how amazing would that be? Shall blog the recipe next week after I've made it.

Sunday: seven hour leg of lamb is the roast du jour tonight. With loads and loads of veggies and lentils of course. Lamb and french lentils are a match made in heaven.

And that's it. How about you? Tell me what's on your meal plan this week - and hands up if I've managed to convert another of you to the meal-planning side!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely and yummy! I am just about to make a beef and vegetable casserole and some creme brulee for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual it sounds delicious. I want wonton soup and roast lamb. Pity we had as something as simple as satay sausages for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x