Wednesday, June 13, 2012

le chef film review


I saw the sweetest movie last night. That's the poster above - looks very french non? I went in hopeful that I'd like it - after all, it was French and about food - and oh, it was such a delight. Funny, a really great plot, sweet and inspirational.

It's the story of two chefs: one is a three Michelen Star celebrity chef, {or trois etoille if you say it in French, which you should because it sounds heaps better} who's under pressure - lose a star, lose the restaurant. He's worried he's lost his touch. He needs inspiration, fast. Could he find it in the other chef?

I shan't give away any more of the plot, but it's an absolute delight. And there's enough shots of Paris to sate my appetite too. The performances are sublime, Jean Reno is fabulous as always, and I've a new fave in Michael Youn. Don't get me started on how absolutely gorgeous the women were in this film - le sigh...

I saw this at a special Films for Foodies night at The Tower Cinemas. Such an innovative idea. Upon arrival you're greeted with a glass of wine and a bag filled with food-goodies. Then former MasterChef contestant Peter Vickery came in and was really quite sweet chatting about the passion he's discovered for gardening and getting back to basics with his cooking. A rather fabulous sommelier then shared a few wine tips and then the movie began. Apparently they're hoping to introduce cooking demos at future screenings - how cool is that?

I'll be back for the next one - gotta support innovation like this don't you think?

PS: after writing this I tuned into David and Margaret At The Movies to find they were reviewing this film. Well, they said they were reviewing this film, but it appears they saw something else. They saw something unfunny that they hated. Me, my friends and every other person in the cinema who was laughing uproariously would disagree. Ignore them, it's funny and sweet.

8 comments:

  1. I love to see business thinking outside the box to give customers a unique experience...and everyone loves a goodie bag. Do you know when the next one is on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure, I'll have to ask - it's not on their site. Fabulous idea though don't you think - very boutique.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea and what fun to go to. I wish we had something like that start up down in my neck of the woods. I'd be there with bells on! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm thrilled that the management are taking a risk, and it's really paying off. Good crowds are coming. Talk to your local manager - they might be open to something different as well.

      Delete
  3. I'll take your word for it. Anyone who plans, prepares and cooks food like you has to had some credibility!! Will give it a go! G.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let us all know when the next one is on. Definitely my type of thing! Just need to get babysitting organised...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. Italian Chef

    ReplyDelete
  6. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. 먹튀해시태그

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x