Thursday, April 12, 2012

girls just wanna have fun


I do love a night at the movies. I think it's my ultimate get away. Something about sitting in a darkened theatre, choc top in hand, with a story unfolding on the big screen really appeals. Luckily I've found a few like-minded friends who are keen to get out and see something on the screen too.

But I think my fave cinema expedition is the Chicks at the Flicks put on by Events Cinema. I've seen a few of these and the atmosphere is always ace. There's bubbles and gift bags on arrival, and, at the few I've been to - cute stalls of fun girly things to check out.

I'm off to see The Lucky One at Glendale next week {and I'm a bit excited}. I do love a good girly film, and this one is by the creator of The Notebook {which ignited my long-lasting Ryan Gosling crush}. I am a little concerned that this film may inspire cougar-esque inappropriate feelings for Zac Efron - but I shall try to restrain myself.

I'm going with my bestie from High School - how CUTE will that be?

Do you like movies? Do you like choc tops? Do you like girls nights out?

14 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to this one too. We'll compare notes. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, will I see you at the Chicks at the Flicks? Can we clink champagne glasses together? Please say yes!

      Delete
  2. Love a good movie in a cinema. Not so keen on choc-top, always seem to wear some of it!!
    With 2 lil ones, don't get to go as often as I would like now-a-days, but this film is on the list!
    Have been keen to do Chicks at the Flicks...might get there soon.
    Am always concerned about going to flicks with best girlfriend from high school. We used to go often, we're both softies, but "Beaches" had her sobbing so hard that the whole row of seats were shaking, won't go to see a tear-jerker with her anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, a seat-shaking-sobber - must say that I only do that when laughing hysterically. Give me a yell when you're keen to see a flick - I'm always happy to come along x

      Delete
  3. I have read the book. It was on the shelf of this tiny little house we rented in Glebe for a week.
    Don't worry I won't say what happens.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing that they kiss - if that poster's anything to go by...

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to watch this movie! Chick flicks are always one of my favs. I do love girls night outs. It's so much fun!

    Have fun! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naddy it does look awesome doesn't it? I do like a chick flick - nothing like escaping from my everyday. x

      Delete
  5. Always a fabulous night at these events - can't wait to see this movie Zac Efron is looking all grown up and just a little bit should I say 'hot'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missimoomoo, you may say he's looking a little hot, because damn - he is!

      Delete
  6. Me too, can't wait and yes, I have been having inappropriate feelings towards Zac Efron since he developed the unshaven look. Oh my....he is hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inappropriate feelings - you are CRAZY CUTE!

      Let's find us a fire extinguisher x

      Delete
  7. Haha, cougaresque, love it! I think this one will be a good tear-jerker... and I LOVE The Notebook, so no doubt will enjoy this when I see it. Have fun PPMJ! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am inoridinately fond of placing the word esque at the end of words - it always works. Love me a good tear-jerker too x

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x