Friday, September 19, 2008

green eyes

What's the point of jealousy? It's such an insidious vice. I don't do jealousy. Envy? Hell yeah. I envy my best friend's gorgeousness and amazing style. Since the first day I saw her at Uni I envied how well she could put together the most incredible clothing and always look stunning and unique. She still does. I'm also dead-envious of the fact that she can dye her hair bright red - my fave hair hue. Envious? Yup. Jealous? Nope.

We also have friends who jet off to Paris every year and boy, that pushes my envy button. But I'm not jealous - I'm thrilled that they get to do this (particularly 'cause they bring me back violet food treats!)

Which is why I'm always startled when I see people who are jealous. It's destructive and I reckon it causes mean wrinkles that even Kidman-strength botox couldn't eradicate. Vive la difference, live and let live, que sera sera... so many songs sum up how I feel about this topic. But I guess that deep down, while my wardrobe will disagree, green's not my colour.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a natural envyist. But jealousy leads to an ugly dark side of life. Envy helps us strive to be better. Jealousy is as ugly as the word itself sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice round up. I too believe that a little envy is healthy, but that other stuff? No thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x