Friday, September 26, 2008

cocktail cravings

I have a deep, and almost unnatural love for cocktails. They're glamorous and often dangerous - and can't be knocked back quickly. I've realised how deep my affection runs when I thought about the two songs that most often cause me to break out a tune. Some people like to doodle, I like to sing, and when I like the sing, the songs I like to sing are: Don't You Want Me by Human League and Copacabana by Mr Manilow... Note the theme here? 

Opening like of Don't You Want Me, "She was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar" and for Copacabana "Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl". Now it's pretty hard to imagine that someone with yellow feathers in her hair didn't knock back the odd Manhattan or five - in my mind she does. Other songs may come and go, but these two, with their imagery of mixed drinks of the elegant kind, will forever hold a place in my heart - and shower stall...

That said I'm off to a cocktail party on the weekend. I mayn't have yellow feathers to wear in my hair, but I do have pretty nails in Kiss Me Coral that'll entwine nicely around the stem of a glass. Cheers dears...

3 comments:

  1. What does one DRINK when singing the tunes Copacabana and Don't You Want Me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I'm completely sober most of the time I sing them, but I reckon that absinthe/champagne combo would work...
    Just fake-tanned myself ready for the party!
    Have a great weekend
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cannot beat a champagne cocktail. The glass, the bubbles the hangover! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x