Saturday, August 01, 2015

early rider


I find it really difficult to find the time to exercise. As you may have noticed, I have a pretty busy life. Full-time work, motherhood, marriage, netball coaching, volunteering stuff AND all the cool stuff I have to see and do in Newcastle takes up a fair bit of time. I love it, but I always wish I could find the time to exercise.

My favourite kind of exercise is cycling. Not the speedy stuff, just an 8 - 10km pootle. It makes me happy and probably a little bit fitter. So I've been inspired by my friend Jayne who cycles just about every morning.

Early.

Crazy early.

So on Tuesday I got up at 6.30am, got dressed and got on my bike,

Tell you what, the sunrise over the harbour and the beach was totally worth it. I saw so many tugboats, kayakers, runners and a couple of other cyclists.



It was glorious.

Now, it was only 7 degrees so my hands nearly fell off, but I'll borrow a pair of hubby's cycling gloves next time. I'm aiming to do this two to three days a week.

Good huh?

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, well done PPMJ! I need some inspiration to get back exercising again...after an almost 2 years hiatus! Terrible! Baby number 3 has really stopped me in my tracks, but I also want to get back into early morning running. You're right the sunrise is worth it, beautiful pics! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x