Tuesday, July 28, 2015

vintage tweed ride: a tardy recap


There are few things I love more in life than Special Events. I love a sense of drama, and the chance to frock up. I also love riding my bike - so that's why the Vintage Tweed Ride so tickles my fancy.

It ticks all the right boxes.

Have a look at this dapper gent with his spectacular Penny Farthing. Oh yeah, he rode it!


Each year it's a challenge to work out what I should wear that goes with my bike. See, my cycle's not vintage, but I still feel the need to frock up appropriately. This year the red cape came out again and was teamed with a black dress with white polka dots.


You wanna know what feels better than riding along, on a beautiful sunny day, alongside our exquisite harbour with a gaggle of people all beautifully kitted out and riding their bikes?

Just about nothing really.


We had a number of spots where our guide regaled us with tales of this city. And offered the perfect opportunity to snap off some shots and Instagram 'em.


There were cupcakes. Mine was topped by a moustache. It was *almost* too good to eat. I don't believe that anything is too good to eat.


If I were to ever die of envy it'd probably be because of something like this - the ultimate picnic kit - complete with a fully-set up table out the back.

Dying.

Dying I tell you.

This cycle inspired my need for a similar light for my bike so, on my ride home, I called in at Metro Cycles down near bank corner and dropped off my bike for a long-overdue service and new light. It's kinda like this one, except matte black.

So, what's next you ask? Well surely it's the Spring Fling Vintage Bike Ride and I just have just the new Laura Ashley frock to wear on it...

1 comment:

  1. This is a very well written post, my compliments. It has a lot of key elements that truly makes it work. Thanks for writing this in depth post. You covered every angle. The great thing is you can reference different parts. I love reading blogs. Good one, and keep it going.
    Visit: https://buyessays.us/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x