Saturday, July 25, 2015

country roads, my new holiday home...


So, the lovely holiday house we used to rent every year in the Southern Highlands has been sold {insert sad-face emoji here}. Finding another house that fits the bill for two families, each with a teenage girl, all of whom like a sunny veranda and an open fire, is difficult.

But we found it - in Dungog! Hurrah for holiday rentals.

We went away for five days and what bliss.


We packed the essentials, and placed them in the fridge upon arrival. The first cork was popped an hour after arrival I do believe.




This fabulous veranda was the place to hang. So warm and sunny, with the most delightful view of rolling hills {and cows} that I have ever seen.


The house is exquisitely decorated. I want these - framed French books with rather glorious images over the top. Took all my willpower not to pop these in my bag when I left...


Check out the gals' room - with sweet twin beds and a vintage world map, perfect for two travellers like Ms C and Ms A.

Seriously, how achingly awesome is the decor here? Gorgeous antiques combined with a few modern twists to create something fabulous.


Why yes, this is the view from the veranda - picture perfect or what!


Early morning or late at night, this was a view that always delivered.


However, there's no place like home and Toulouse was very happy to snuggle on the couch with Ms A when we returned.

5 comments:

  1. That's a shame about the rental being sold, I share your pain as my regular Melbourne one was recently sold. But looks like you found something very special instead. Fabulous!!

    And that Toulouse...he is a heart breaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say that I'm loving that it's closer-to-home as well.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic holiday house. You were so fortunate to find such a good one and enjoy a wonderful few days there. Love that that pic. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x