Sunday, May 24, 2015

oh I do like to be beside the seaside


Last weekend I just was so tired I nearly didn't go for a bike ride. But then I thought to myself, "You will feel soooooo much better if you do." So I did. And oh, did I feel better. Mainly because I got to see prettiness like this. This view from the end of Nobby's breakwall never ever gets old.


Then I rode past Newcastle's classic deco ocean baths. They're being revamped soon and if anyone paints over these glorious colours and makes them page or steel grey I will be sneaking down there in the middle of the night and repainting them all pretty again.


I love the canoe pool. When the light's just right I swear I can still see the concrete Map of the World in it.


Is there a prettier site than the combination of nature and glorious architecture?

I think not.

This place makes me happy. An adaptation of a heritage building - that peeps are flocking to. Including peeps who have sweet rides like these. Note the dragstar with the sissybar! LOVE!

No riding for me this weekend because we got a new addition to the family!


This little fuzzball's come to live with us. His name's Toulouse (Louis for short) and he's a lilac-mitted ragdoll and quite possibly the most gorgeously affectionate cat I've ever met. He already rules the roost after just two days in our house.

Happy days.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures on a great bike ride which I loved sharing with you. I too hope they don't paint over those gorgeous colours. There is a block of two storey units going up near us and for some reason they painted them all different colours which I thought was a great idea. They are not quite finished but last week I realised those colours were just undercoats and now they are either grey or beige. What is wrong with folk in Australia that they have this love of drab colours? The huge house behind us is a sort of battleshipgrey. Yuk!!
    You are going to have so much fun with Toulouse (Louis for short). My #2 granddaughter has a rag doll like your fellow and he is beautiful and strangely enough loves the rain. Aimee says when it rains her two dogs come inside and Gizmo goes out and play in puddles. Wonder if Louis will do that too?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x