Friday, January 02, 2015

happy new year



And with that - we have 2015. Another year hey? What are you going to do to make yours better? I've just had the most glorious two weeks off work. Spent most of it just lolling around and relaxing - it's been perfect. I've also done my best to get out there on my bike every day - which has been just brilliant. I saw in the new year the way I intend to continue it - frocked up and somewhere fabulous.

I went to the Hendricks Pop Up Bar at The Landing at Honeysuckle with my friends C and J and we had a blast. We found the perfect table right in the line of the Fireworks, sipped cocktails and sparkling wine and chatted away.



Seriously, there was not a better view of the fireworks. But yes, there are many, many, many better photographs of them.



I've spent a bit of time here, at the revamped Merewether baths. Yesterday we had my in-laws down for new year's lunch, then I had a wee migraine lie down afterwards (totally unrelated!). When I woke I felt super-groggy from the drugs, so went for a walk down to the baths to clear my head.



And oh, did it! The sun was setting and casting the most glorious glow. I kept pinching myself at how lucky I am to live here.


We also had my gal's (fifteenth!!) birthday just before the end of last year. She got this VERY BIG pink flamingo for the pool. Every time I go into the living room or kitchen I can feel its eye on me!

Today two of my dearest friends, from uni and till today, are popping over. They're up from Melbourne and Sydney so we need to catch up. Then, tonight, I'm off to the Regal Cinema where they're screening cult classic The Big Lebowski - complete with bowling in the aisles and dude food!

Too much fun. You've gotta have it don't you?

Happy new year x

3 comments:

  1. Happy new year, lovely! Sounds like a lot of fun - anything involving frocking up and Hendricks HAS to be fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Corinne, it SO WAS! Hope you've had a lovely, lovely Chrissie. xx

      Delete
  2. The Landing was the perfect way to see in our New Year :)
    Fab photos xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x