Monday, April 07, 2014

meal planning monday


May I please have another weekend to recover from the last one?

What a weekend. The Newcastle Writers Festival zoomed past in a fabulous blur. Luckily I don't have to request another as the dates are already set - March 20 - 22 - pop 'em in your diary. I loved it, again. So many wonderful people generously sharing their words and knowledge. Bless.

Now, this week. Only minor levels of busyness. So here's the plan, Stan.

monday: husband went shopping yesterday and bought a few things - including steak because he would eat steak every night of the week if permitted. So we'll have steak and salad tonight.

tuesday: we didn't have butterflied lamb shoulder last week, so we'll have it this week. With a chickpea and roasted capsicum salad. And a green salad. After my gal's netball training.

wednesday: my 11-year-old team's netball training. They'll be on a high after winning 40 - 9 on the weekend {the other team only had 5 players poor little tots}. For dinner we'll have grilled chicken burritos with salad - and fresh roasted corn cobs.

thursday: I'm going to the premiere of Grand Budapest Hotel tonight with my gals A and C. YAY! We've been looking forward to this for yonks. For dinner there shall be spaghetti bolognaise. Easy-peasy.

friday: it's the last night of school before the holidays - hurrah! We'll celebrate by having salmon on the bbq which is one of my gal's favourite meals. With a lemon potato salad {regular potato salad with lemon mixed in with mayo before tossing it!}.

saturday: I haven't made coq au vin for a while. Shall I? With mash and green beans?

sunday: something simple. Steak sandwiches with caramelised onions on baguettes. Yes?

Enjoy your week my lovelies, I'm off to work x

image from here.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I'd quite like to live in that house. Men and steak! What is with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea. Honestly, my husband could eat the same cereal every day for the rest of his life. I am so easily bored. I too would like to live in that house. I need that wallpaper!

      Delete
  2. Ha! My hubs is a steak eater too. Give him a rib eye and a bottle of Pinot and his happy as.

    I really need to try and make coq au vin have never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yes someone emailed me next year's dates - they'll be in the diary as soon as I get one for next year. With 12 months' notice I should get there in 2015.

    Your meal plan for the week looks amazing. I know why I am not a food blogger :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x