Monday, June 24, 2013

meal planning monday


How on earth is it Monday again? Does anyone have some kind of magical stop-the-clock machine? It's nearly midway through the year for goodness sake! Hmmm, I can't turn back time, but I can plan this week's meals. Here's what we're eating.

Monday: I'm going to flatten and marinate some chicken breasts and then grill them tonight. What am I marinating them in? Hmmmm, perhaps olive oil, lemon juice and zest and herbs de provence? I'll serve it with a salad and roasted cauliflower.

Tuesday: a quick steak and vegies meal is in order for when we get home from netball training. I'll prep the vegies early on by par-boiling them, then I'll sprinkle them with herbs and throw them in to bake for 10 minutes when we get home. Carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin and potato. With some green beans on the side.

Wednesday: I think I'll make a quinoa salad with roasted vegies tonight. And serve it with poached chicken? Yes?

Thursday: homemade corn cakes with bacon and guacamole. And salad tonight.

Friday: fish, some kind of fish. Grilled with herbs. And salad.

Saturday: we're FINALLY off to another Underground Epicureans adventure tonight, somewhere with a supper club feel! Exciting!

Sunday: beef and guinness pot pies, mash, peas and roasted carrots.

Phew, am exhausted just thinking about all this! What are you having?

image from housetohome.co.uk

4 comments:

  1. As usual your menu is fantastic. I am a little more organised this week so do know we will be having a Tuna Vegetable stir fry, a Beef Hot Pot in the slower cooker and possibly Curried Sausages (all of these will last two meals so not a lot of planning to do).
    You mention the months flying by. We are retired and don't do very much these days and yet we also find time passing far too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I'm liking the sounds of your menu this week Mimsie! I'd also thought about curried sausages, might do those next week. x

      Delete
  2. Ah, I wish I could say I was meal planning but at the moment I'm just meal scrambling ... though I did cater for friends yesterday - bacon & egg tartlets, salmon quiche, banana muffins, homemade hummus and guacamole ... does that count?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x