Sunday, June 09, 2013

happy long weekend


How NICE is a long weekend? No sport, no commitments, just three days to get stuff done and RELAX. My gal cooked dinner last night - a slowly braised lamb shoulder on white beans, simply delicious. Today we went to the Farmer's Markets for the first time in yonks, and now I'm just faffing around getting ready to go on a bike ride. Blissful.

Oh, yesterday my gal and I went to the movies to see First Position. It was a documentary about six young dancers and their quest for scholarships, places in ballet companies or some kind of ballet future. It was riveting. For a start, I'm pretty sure that I saw the future of a young dancer who's bound to be the new Rudolf Nureyev - stunning. And a couple of other dancers who were just so talented/joyous I couldn't tear my eyes from them. I cried, held my breath, laughed and applauded. Brilliant.

Now, how much would you like a little getaway with this cutie above? I don't think it'd have a great deal of space inside - but look - cuteness! I found it on housetohome.co.uk - my go-to site for prettiness.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend lovelies xx

1 comment:

  1. Our long weekend in Perth was the previous one and, of course, being retired days sort of run into one another and with the shops open 7 days a week we don't have to worry about stocking up on foodstuffs.
    That POD would certainly be very snug so perhaps that is why the word LOVE is on the case? For honeymooners perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x