Sunday, September 23, 2012

A hidden gem




I'm a fan of fine food done well. As you may have noticed. So I've always had a soft spot for Quint Cafe in Newcastle's Essential Ingredient. But now I think it's a secret worth sharing. It's recently undergone a make-over and is looking v stylish and inviting.

And the menu? Sublime.

See that prettiness above? It's turkish eggs. Oh my. Eggs baked to perfection - whites perfectly set, yolks perfectly runny. Topped with just enough crispy green shallots, red chilli and toasted dukkah. And the Binnorie marinated feta? Oh my; so salty, creamy and delicious. Served with a side of delicious olive oil drizzled bread it's quite possibly the perfect breakfast.



But something made it more sublime. This. Deliciously crisp pieces of speck. Bacon turned up to 11 in the perfection stakes. Oh. My.




Here's the menu, well a sneaky peek at it. The perfect combination of lovingly sourced foods. The eggs are from Ox Hill Farm. You should see their YouTube video - cuteness incorporated. Free Range Eggs done the way they should be with moveable vans for the chickens and the most gorgeous green pastures to roam in: protected by alpacas and these gorgeous mountain dogs. You can taste the freedom and the sunshine in these eggs.



There are perfect little vignettes like this featuring in the cafe - making shining stars of the ingredients chosen with such care by the enthusiastic staff. It's very Instagrammable.


Quint: I like your style. And your service, seriously, hold onto those staff. They make a great coffee and are the ideal combination of friendly and unobtrusive.

Oh, and ps: the lunch menu also looks D.I.V.I.N.E. and if you're after morning or afternoon tea, they make a damned fine cup of coffee and have what I do believe is one of the best collections of fabulous sweet things in Newy.

Quick, get thee to Darby Street and check it out. It's down the back of the amazing store - leave some time to browse, you won't be leaving empty-handed.

4 comments:

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x