Saturday, November 20, 2010

house-keeping

I think it's important to regularly invite guests to your home - just so you can do a 'kick-your-butt-into-gear' serious clean every so often. My step-sister and her partner are arriving any moment now so husband and I have worked like maniacs to get the house ready. Not in a weird show home way, just in a 'good lord how on earth did the floorboards in the pavillion get into that state?' kind of way.

So now, front of house looking good. Guest bed made up. Kitchen looking okay - with a big chunk of beef marinating in red wine, thyme and garlic ready for bbqing tonight. The pavillion by the pool is pristine again, the bar fridge in the pavillion packed with beer, french bubbles and wine. Yep. We're ready.

Hopefully this nice weather will hold so we can eat on the newly cleaned back veranda. If not, no worries, I'll simply cook the beef and potatoes inside and we'll eat in here as well.

How about you? What are your plans for the weekend?

5 comments:

  1. I agree! We are having a party in a few weeks and it has motivated me to get the backyard and pool looking perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a chuckle - what a great cleaning momentum you have going there. House guests!!! Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a visitor to get you cleaning! Hope you all have a great weekend! xx.

    Not much happening here! The calm before the storm, that the next few weeks will be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have painted a wonderful picture of your home and all that will ensue tonight.
    I hope that you all have a fantastic time together, there really is something special about having guests stay over = no rush to go home, drink as much as you want without fear of being breathalysed and the joy of waking up in the morning under the same roof. I can tell you are going to create some special memories.

    For me, this weekend is all about avoiding the houseclean. That whirlwind will be sweeping through these walls in a serious way next week as we prepare for the onslaught of visitors leading up to the Festive Season.

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed. When Nolan and the kids are gone, I take an hour to get some serious cleaning done, and when we have guests, we make sure to spend an hour or two on making the house clean and presentable. Comfortable though, I mean, do they really care about my stack of mags by the couch, if its not in their way? I make sure my house is never one where you feel afraid to sit down. I'd rather it if my friends and family felt as though they could sprawl about anywhere and not be making me crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x