Wednesday, April 08, 2015

new order


It's the little things in life that bring me joy. For years I've stared at the cutlery organiser in my kitchen and thought "I really need to replace that". It was old, and starting to do that weird thing where it looks dirty but it's just discoloured.

So, at Aldi the other day, in the magical middle aisle, was one single solitary adjustable timber cutlery organiser.

I brought it home, ripped out the other one, and popped this one in.

At first I was sad as my knives didn't fit in their traditional spot on the upper right-hand-side.

But then I came up with a new idea - butter knives and steak knives down the bottom and teaspoons up top. I KNOW!

Now, every time I open my drawer I smile. I see my pretty pink and green Cath Kidston cutlery, and my Laguiole steak knives from Monoprix in Paris and feel that all is right in the world.

1 comment:

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x