Tuesday, April 07, 2015

cycle city


I don't cycle anywhere near often enough at the moment. Which is terrible - because look at what I get to look at on my rides.

Newcastle's working harbour is just crazy-pretty. And when I see a tug choof in to view - oh my. One day I was riding along and a man was kayaking up the river beside me. Then I noticed a school of dolphin were keeping him company, rising and falling along with his paddles. Can you imagine a more magical moment? Seriously, I reckon the serenity for that dude would last pretty much forever.

Luckily I have my mum and step-dad up this week - and the week off work! So guess how many rides I'll be taking (hint: it'll be at least one per day).

More reading, more riding, more writing - that's what I need to do with my life and the moment.

And more time with friends and family.

Last night I went to the movies with my dear friends, and we saw a rather lovely film What We Did On Our Holidays. It was a hoot - and a howl (in that I laughed and cried a lot). After we all dried our tears we went out for some vietnamese and had quite a good natter and more giggles.

Ahhhh friendship. How important is it? (Very).


1 comment:

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x