Sunday, September 14, 2014

vintage ride: spring fling


I got up terribly, terribly early this morning {well, for a Sunday} and frocked up in my new Laura Ashley floral frock. Here's a bit of it.


And here's a wee bit more. It is an explosion of flowers, and even has some pretty blue birds on it. I heart it so. It just had to make its debut at the Vintage Bike Ride's Spring Fling.


I left home at 8am and pedalled my way into the park at Nobbys where there were so many glorious bikes - both serious vintage and awesomely modern. And people dressed up SO FINE! {Lads, we need to bring back suspenders - they look so spiffy!}.




I wish I'd thought to decorate my basket with flowers. I did have my pale pink and cream Laura Ashley blanket in there, to coordinate with a vintage pale pink handbag {which did have a flower on it!}


A bike, with a suitcase, with a globe. How often do you see that? {I'm thinking never, well apart from today}. Cool huh?

Because it's Bike Week there was a free breakfast and the guys from Hadley's Bikes were there to give our bikes a bit of a go-over. I bought my bike from these guys, but haven't had it serviced in its lifetime. But now it's running like a dream thanks to Mr Lycra here. Thank you! PS: see that guy next in line? Best speaking voice, spiffy outfit and beautiful Bianchi cycle.


Love this man's outfit, bike, helmet and puppy. There were so many things to look and oooooh at today.

I was terrible at taking photos on today's ride. But go over to Polka Dots and Frocks later - she had a real camera and took about a gazzilion photos. And check out Bicycles In Newcastle to see some of the glorious rides from today - I am kicking myself that I didn't get a photo of Vicki's awesomely elegant outfit. She looked stunning.

Check out the Vintage Tweed Ride's Facebook page for more pics, and news.

Oh, and just LOOK at this gloriously delightful video that Tom made. Isn't is just joyous?

What a glorious way to spend a Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to start a sunny Sunday morning. And flowers and suitcases and globes, oh my, it is so awesome that people really get into the theme. Hope you weekend continues to be lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just so perfect Kakka! Totally smile-inducing x

      Delete
  2. What great photos! It was a big success, I too am kicking myself over missed photo opportunities, there was so much to take in. Thanks for coming along and posting, I'll get a post done tonight. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant Vicki, I wish I'd taken a photo of your outfit - you just looked stunning. What a day!

      Delete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x