Sunday, December 15, 2013

i'm your fan


I've always *liked* Leonard Cohen's music. His voice has an incredible timbre that just gets more beautiful as the years go by. But I wouldn't have called myself a real fan, until recently.

My friend C asked a few months back if anyone was interested in going along to see Leonard in concert at his recent Australian tour, and I thought, "why not?"

I have a concert-bucket-list of bands/artists I'd like to see live, and, as so many of my friends had raved about him live {one of my friends has seen him in New York AND Berlin!} I thought I should. How glad I am that I did.

What a night. This concert will have to go down as one of the best I've ever seen. I love a performer that gives their all - and Leonard gives more than you think anyone possibly could. The crowd was positively enamoured: with sighs, screams and lots of singing along happening.

Worshiping at the altar of Leonard? Yep, I'm there now.

If you ever have the chance to see Leonard Cohen in concert, do what it takes to get there. He's Your Man.

3 comments:

  1. I am pleased the concert was such a great experience for you. Not being up with modern music I've not heard of this artist but he sure sounds excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's your vintage Mimsie! And wonderful, just so wonderful.

      Delete
  2. What a perfect recollection of the most wonderful night. Was so lovely to relive it through your words!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x