Friday, February 15, 2008

Olé

Aah, oh chorizo, how do I love thee... Yes, a recipe success. After my tasteless disaster the night before I knew that only one thing could save me, a spicy, spanish sausage. Here's what I did...
Spanish Chicken
6 skinless organic chicken thighs
2 chorizo sausages
1 spanish onion
2 Kipfler or similar waxy potatoes
1 red, yellow, and orange capsicum
six cloves of garlic
1 tsp or more smoked paprika
1 cup dry white wine (I used Sauvingon Blanc - it was open and in the fridge)
1/2 lemon
salt and pepper
Italian, flat leaf parsley to serve

Cut chorizo and chicken into bite-sized chunks and arrange in the bottom of a lightly-oiled baking dish. Cut up 1/2 of the red, orange and yellow capsicum into 1 inch chunks, cut onion into quarters, and quarter the peeled potatoes. Arrange all ingredients artfully and sprinkle with smoked paprika. Pour over white wine and then squeeze lemon juice over the top. Dust with a good, generous pinch of salt (Maldon or Murray Pink Salt are my faves) and grind over plenty of black pepper. Cover with foil and bake in 180 degree fan-forced oven for 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake further 10 - 15 minutes until potatoes are nicely browned. Sprinkle with a good handful of roughly chopped parsley and serve with some steamed rice. A light spanish red would wash it down rather well I believe...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what we would eat if chorizo didn't exist. We have a great chorizo and parsnip soup recipe, but I think I will send you with your PIF package.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x